Thursday 21 November 2013

Grief at Christmas time www.giftsforangels.co.uk

So I have decided to do a small Christmas range, this consists of Gold & silver grave vases and personalized Christmas tree baubles. While the reaction has been lovely, I'm constantly aware of people's opinions. For instance my lovely photographer is always worrying about my products been photographed looking "too cool/beautiful" and I have to constantly remind her that this is what I want as a bereaved parent. Another friend is worried that by me promoting



my Christmas range, it's too, "in your face" ( her words, not mine) .... It's hard to know what is acceptable when advertising it on FB and twitter..
.. " you don't want to look like your making money from people's grief"  was another persons comment.
While I do make a small profit on My products, I am also trying to support the charity "Brain Tumour research", and most of all I started this whole thing for me, it was always about something I could have to put down for My Lola. Why could I not make her grave side look pretty? Especially on her Birthday.... And now Christmas. Every year I have a bag of Christmas ornaments that I place at her grave side. Now I am over the moon by the fact that I have gold & silver vases that I can fill with Holly and hang little decorations from the branches. So please believe me when I say, "Yes, it does make me happy" , to know that after I have finished decorating my tree at home with my other children I can then go to the cemetery and decorate Lola's & my Dad's grave side and this is the exact feeling I want to be able to offer to other bereaved people.
Christmas is a lovely time of year, but also a very hard & difficult time for any person who has Lost a loved one. Knowing that I can't celebrate it with my beautiful eldest daughter and my wonderful Dad, is the worst feeling in the world and Nothing can take this away, but I do get some comfort from knowing I can decorate their grave sides, and on Christmas morning when we go down to the cemetery their grave's are looking festive and lovely, this helps Me..... That is why I do what I do, I am not a Saint, I'm not a business woman I am simply a bereaved Mother & Daughter, trying to cope the best way I know how.
Any comments would be much appreciated.

www.giftsforangels.co.ukhttps://www.giftsforangels.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine for one moment what you have been through and continue to. I have a 4 year old son who is my world and thats the only way to describe it. The thought of anything bad happening to him fills me with feelings I never even new existed until he was born. My heart goes out to you and my eyes sting at the thought of your terrible loss. My mum died in August and although she had lived a good life the sense of grief lives with me every day.... I think whatever you do to help others and yourself is fantastic whether you make profit or you don't.... even if it makes you a millionaire it would be nothing less than you deserve... you are a brave lady because I'm sure none of this is easy for you or your family.... the very best of luck and Love to you...xx

    ReplyDelete