Tuesday 19 March 2013

Lola's story 5 www.giftsforangels.co.uk

We had just  been told that our precious daughter had a brain tumour, I had completely gone to pieces. We were then shown into a tiny room to make the necessary phone calls etc and it was at this point that John completely broke down... He fell to the floor with his head in his hands this is when I came to understand the  term "inner strength"!.... I was now kneeling in front of him, telling him that everything was going to be alright, and that these days surgeons could do anything. I was holding it together as John and my sister sobbed. I remember vaguely ringing my mum and dad who were is Spain on holiday, explaining to them and reassuring them that everything was going to be fine.
"Pray for her," I said pulling on my some what distant faith.
Lola and I were then in an ambulance on our way to "Kings College Hospital" in London. Only one of us could go in the ambulance. I sat in there, flashing lights,sirens and all, my Perfect little Girl laying next to me, unaware and helpless, I don't no what I was thinking or feeling it was a mixture of terror, disbelief, shock and desperation. How could this be happening to me ? A question I used to ask a lot, why me ?
We arrived in London in no time at all, there were people there waiting to greet us & we were rushed up to the "Mount Batten" ward on the 10th floor. I remember there were other children in this ward with their parents. After they had finished plugging & hooking My Lola in to various machines I sat next to her stroking her hair and whispering into her ear her favourite story " Goldilocks and the three Bears". After I finished I could hear her little voice in my head saying
"Again, again Mummy".... Like she always use to.
I then sang her the song I had been signing to her since she was born, "You are My Sunshine"...
As I got to the last line of this song the tears started to fall as I slowly sung the last few words......
"please don't take my Sunshine away"..... I have never been able to sing this song again.http://www.giftsforangels.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment